Painting is a daunting task if you’re a newcomer; so we’re rolling out our best painting advice for all our beginners out there! These tips will save you time and money, and make your life a whole lot easier.
- Before you begin painting, put on hand lotion to prevent the paint from sticking to your skin. It will help the paint come off easier under running water!
- To find out if a paint is latex, take a cotton ball and some nail polish remover and dab at the surface.
- Prepping is always super important, as it’ll make the finish last a lot longer. There’s a ton of different ways you can prep!
- If you’re painting furniture or working on a smaller project, we suggest using a plate or a small dish rather than a tray.
- Make sure when you’re putting tape around the edges, press hard on the tap so you’ll get a more crisp finish.
- Pull off the tape while the paint is damp.
- Get quality brushes. There are plenty of great brushes out there that are still affordable AND have great quality!
- We suggest getting getting fabric drop clothes vs. plastic. It lasts longer!
- Don’t use a taped edge on the ceilings; instead consider hand cut!
- Just wrap your roller or brush in plastic if you’re wanting to continue painting the next day (a huge time saver).
- Soaking brushes in vinegar will get rid of old paint.
Want some more professional help? Reach out to the pros! We offer training courses where we implement painting techniques and you’ll learn everything you need to know about cabinets and faux finishes! Give us a call at (678) 360-6481 or contact us online. You can also take a look at products we love and use!