Choosing a faux finish takes a lot of thought! You have to consider your style, what would look best and what you’ll love years down the road. So here are some questions to ask yourself!
- Is it too busy or patchy? A lot of times, small square samples will look a lot different than on an entire wall. We suggest taking a poster board (or multiple) and lining them up against the wall to see if you like it! Make sure it meshes will with other decor and furniture in the house. Many times people find the finish ends up looking too patchy or busy against the rest of their home.
- Is it functional? Think about the practicality of the finish. Is it going to be easy to fix up later on? Is it in a room where people are passing through often or leaning up against the wall?
- Is it suitable for the ceiling height? Ceilings are a huge tell all for the finish. If your finish is going to require a roller or brushing on more than one color, consider using scaffold rather than hauling tons of trays up a ladder.
- How many people will it require? Think about how many people it’ll take to create this finish. If the working area is too small for the amount of people needed, you may want to reconsider.
- Do you have the right tools? Keep in mind that some of your tools might not fit in small areas. It’s better to keep those cool faux finishes to walls that don’t have a ton of fixtures.
We hoped this has helped you decide! Want to call in the pros for expert advice? Atlanta Decorative Finishes in Roswell, GA is your go to guide! We’re trained professionals in faux finishing for both residential and commercial clients. We serve the entire Metro Atlanta Area! Give us a call at (678) 360-6481 with questions, or visit our portfolio online! Need some personal training? We even have DIY classes!