It’s almost the New Year and we all know what that means; resolutions! For many of us it’s losing weight, spending more time with family and friends or working harder at work. But for some, it’s improving the household! Here’s a few tips for home improvement in 2016.
- Declutter. A huge factor that contributes to our daily stress is clutter. It makes it harder to concentrate, and leaves us feeling chaotic and unorganized. Grab a few trash bags and spend a day throwing out unwanted items. If you can set aside items for charity, more props to you!
- Organize. Storage bins are everyone’s best friend. Place them around the house and label them! Re-organize your cabinets and drawers in you kitchen and living room as well. It’ll look cleaner and you’ll have a little more peace of mind!
- Spruce it up. Feeling tired of the same setup? Switch it up! Add a few flower arrangements or interesting paints to add a pop of color, or rearrange the furniture for a different feel. A little change never hurt!
- Deep clean. It’s amazing how much dust, mold or hair can build up during the year. Spend a week deep cleaning, as well as fixing any issues that may have come up including cracks, breaks, etc.
- Make it safe. You can never be too safe when protecting your home. If you haven’t already installed a security system, we highly recommend doing so! Check the windows and locks in your house to make sure they’re secure and fix them if necessary.
Another great option for home improvement is to throw in decorative finishes! From cabinets to walls, a new texture or look will completely change the feel of your home. Contact us here and visit us on our site for a portfolio of our current work!